100+ Sweet Valentine’s Day quotes. Read more romantic Valentine’s Day quotes, sayings that help you write a heartfelt card for your significant other.
- They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.
- A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
- There’s a long life ahead of you and it’s going to be beautiful, as long as you keep loving and hugging each other.
- Where there is great love, there are always wishes.
- Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.
- Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.
- How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said.
- Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
- This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
- The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.
e. e. cummings
- So, fall asleep love, loved by me… for I know love, I am loved by thee.
- Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.
- Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Charles M. Schulz
- You are always new, the last of your kisses was ever the sweetest.
- Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The best smell in the world is that man that you love.
- The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.
- Everything’s coming up roses – for me.
- We are most alive when we’re in love.
- I love romance. I’m a sucker for it. I love it so much. It’s pathetic.
- Today is Valentine’s Day – or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!
- I got a Valentine’s Day card from my girl. It said, ‘Take my heart! Take my arms! Take my lips!’ Which is just like her. Keeping the best part for herself.
- I like perfume and flowers.
- I’d kiss a frog even if there was no promise of a Prince Charming popping out of it. I love frogs.
- It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.
Christian Nestell Bovee
- Love shall be our token; love be yours and love be mine.
- Give me a kiss, and to that kiss a score; Then to that twenty, add a hundred more: A thousand to that hundred: so kiss on, To make that thousand up a million. Treble that million, and when that is done, Let’s kiss afresh, as when we first begun.
- Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.
- Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.
- When you love someone all your saved up wishes start coming out.
- I remember being away somewhere, and I had forgotten it was Valentine’s Day with a person, and that was very embarrassing.
- Every day in our house is like Valentine’s Day. I’ve kept it traditional with what my dad has done with my mom. Every morning, I get up and I make coffee and I bring Giuliana coffee in bed.
- I’m a hopeless romantic. I love love. My middle name is Love. Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday. I want to have a family and children. I am a sucker for every romantic comedy that comes out.
Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!
- I’m like the kid in kindergarten; I really do send valentines to everyone.
- The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
George Edward Moore
- I think diamonds represent luxury, indulgence, and class. So any time you can incorporate a gift that is synonymous with all those attributes, you know the other person will love it. I would challenge someone to find something that better represents Valentine’s Day more than diamonds!
- For me, one of the toughest things about Valentine’s Day is that it gets geared up as the day to profess your love. See, T-E-S-T – that’s a bad word that doesn’t go with L-O-V-E.
- I love bringing roses to a woman when she least expects it.
- People love in different ways. You may have a man who brings you flowers every Monday but doesn’t give two hooty-hoots about Valentine’s Day. Just because he doesn’t give you a valentine doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you!
Jada Pinkett Smith
- I love Valentine’s Day! I love it, I love it, I love it. I like having doors opened for me. My favorite romantic comedy is ‘When Harry Met Sally.’
- If I have learned anything, it is to keep my wife happy by sending her lavish gifts. Other men can learn from my success and send their wives and girlfriends fresh flowers for birthdays, anniversaries, and of course, Valentine’s Day.
- What I find most disturbing about Valentine’s Day is, look, I get that you have to have a holiday of love, but in the height of flu season, it makes no sense.
- One of the major dangers of being alone in February is the tendency to dwell on past relationships. Whether you’re daydreaming about that ‘one that got away,’ or you’re recalling the fairy tale date you went on last Valentine’s Day, romanticizing the past isn’t helpful – nor accurate.
- Idealizing the reality of past romances won’t do you any favors as you face Valentine’s Day alone.
- I was sort of traumatized by girls in the third grade. Because there was a girl in my third grade class I had a crush on. I bought her a box of Valentine’s Day chocolate. And I put it in her cubby with a note that said something like, ‘I am deeply in love with you, Your Secret Admirer.’ And I didn’t sign my name.
- I love love. Every day of my life is Valentine’s Day. When you’re a pathological narcissist, you have to fall in love with yourself every day.
- I’m bad on Valentine’s Day, but even worse on Christmas. I go shopping at nine o’clock on December 24th every year. Nobody else is there. I’m in Toys’R’Us all by myself. I get there five minutes before closing.
- Valentine’s Day is one of those tricky celebrations where you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. If you love it, you’re buying into a holiday created to sell greeting cards, bad bouquets, and shoddy love-themed stuffed animals. And if you’re opposed to it, you’re considered lonely and single and have clearly never had a valentine.